Sunday 15 December 2019

J's 23rd

It's December! Which means its J's birthday month! We will be away on his actual birthday so I decided to come up with an advance birthday surprise with his close friends and family because I know how important they are to him ◡̈ Sooo I suggested that we go on a fancy date on Saturday (also bc I needa get J out of the house while his parents and friends prepare for the surprise)

Always wanted to try Atlas Coffeehouse bc it's highly raved so we arrived at about 1pm and waited for about 15 mins! I tried to get a reservation but it was fully booked. They serve mainly brunch and some "heavier" dishes for lunch. Price ranges from about $16-$25! J chose stew chicken from their lunch menu while I went for standard french toast which came with fresh strawberries and maple. And of course their coffee, me being not so coffee person, went with hot mocha and a latte for J! 


Looks good and it taste really good on first bite! However the inside of the toast was a tad too soft for my liking and while I was eating I was imagining the amount of sugar this portion contains LOL so in the end I gave half to J HAHA (it's always the case, unless I really really love the food I'm having) gotta say that their mocha was really gud tho


Their stew chicken was more for my liking! The gravy was flavourful, sourdough wasn't the super sour kind and the chicken cooked just nice! $18.50 worth 👍

HOWEVER I don't think I'd recommend this place :( bc with 50 bucks i think i can get much much nicer and satisfying food. Quite overrated!!!!


Hehe here's one with J ♡ The reason why we seem far apart is bc we were trying to get the right angle for the lighting HAHA 

By the time we finished lunch, it was like 2.30pm so we headed to Marina Square to hunt for J's present haha. We were done shopping at like close to 5pm and my plan was to leave wherever we were for J's house at about 5.30pm since his friends were gna reach at 6pm BUT they were late so I HAD TO STALL TIME which was really difficult bc both of us were super duper tired by then and we just wanted to head home to "get dinner and netflix and chill" LOL 

In the end we got Koi and after we finished it at about 6.15pm, we went home (from dhoby to punggol) luckily all of his friends were ready by then! The mini party was a success!


J's parents got Christmas-y food HAHAH like turkey, pork knuckle, ham, smoked duck and pizza. I ordered a salted caramel batman cake from Lele for J bc he major loves batman! 




Some pictures from last night x 

Thank you all for helping me out with this mini surprise (even tho he kinda knew bc SOMEONE accidentally spilled some beans 😒) and especially J's parents for being so supportive of my idea since day 1 haha. Thank you everyone who were there for the effort and sincerity!  I'm sure J enjoyed and appreciated all of your presence bc all of you are very important people to him 💛





No comments:

Post a Comment